Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday School

On Wednesday our Youth Pastor headed out for Colombia to pick up his newly adopted children.  That leaves me here to teach his Sunday School class.  Usually I am a little hesitant to take on extra responsibilities.  I already try to keep myself basically overbooked, so adding in more items to the agenda can be extra complicated.  This is one that I'm pretty excited about though.

I usually have a couple things that i'm excited about in my reading and it's fun to turn that into a lesson.  My first lesson was today.  We discussed martyrs for a bit and read out of the Jesus Freaks book (by DC Talk).  I plan to read one of the accounts from that book per class.  Maybe two sometimes.

The main topic was prayer.  If you've ever been in a Bible study with me than you can guess which author inevitably comes up.  That's right, I quoted heavily out of the Efficacy of Prayer by my favorite author, CS Lewis.  He gets pretty verbose, but those are all opportunities to learn new words and try to figure out new concepts.  It's a great essay and I followed up with several prayers out of Genesis, Job, Kings, Psalms, Matthew and Acts.  

In other news Adela and her sister Ana came out for the Easter weekend.  Mom loved having ladies around to chat with and to celebrate some of the holiday traditions with.  She even made Easter baskets for the girls.  Not me though! 

On Saturday we also had the Moody's and McAdams' over for tacos.  Made for a full house with dinner, movies and Sorry!  

Good sun.

Now it's time for Spring!  It's setting in more and more.  I played disc golf on Saturday and it was packed to the gills.  Then after driving the girls to Hope I arrived back in Battle Creek at 8:30 PM and some small bits of light were still out here.  It's great and it's only going to get better!

Happy Easter!  Happy Spring!  Here comes the crazy, busy, fun, exciting, hot, and everything else that comes along with warm weather and sports seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment