Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hat Pee?

Me and my hat in Colombia... apparently arresting Rebecca Penrod.

This hat has gone through a lot.  I think Rob won it in some kind of contest, or pop cap return thing or something?  He probably remembers.  One Summer day in 2004 or 2005 I needed a hat for softball and I happened to be at Rob's house.  So I asked to borrow one of his hats.

Me and my hat and my brother in San Francisco.
This is where the first discrepancy appears.  I thought that he said something about me keeping it and I don't think he remembers that.  Either way, I ended up using it as my go to softball hat for years and years.  In 2010 I went to camp to work maintenance and it became my go to work hat.  It turns out that maintenance is much harder on a hat than softball twice a week.

Throughout the years this hat went to Colombia and spent time at the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans as well as Lake Superior.  It's an impressive resume for a hat I believe, and it held up really well until the maintenance thing.  Then the hat started tearing and keeping nasty stains.  It was pretty gross before the end.

The last photo of the hat.
Well my basement has been smelling like cat pee lately and I was trying to figure out why.  Then I picked the hat up to put it away and it was wet and smelled like... cat pee.  Gross.  So it's on the way out now.  It should probably get sent off in style.  A couple rounds of the M1 through it before a fire. Like any sentimental item that needs to be put down.  

That's pretty much all.  It's fairly gross, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment