Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Other Side of Lake Michigan

This week I enjoyed a new sports night.  On Monday's there is a bit of a church volleyball league that I'm looking forward to getting involved in.  For now it looks a little shaky, but if more people join the next session it could turn into a legit league.  And the bonus is that I can move a couple courts down and see my friends play basketball in the church league that plays at the same time.
Last week I posted the rain I'd been driving in.  That turned to super heavy snow.
Over the weekend I joined in on a small volleyball tournament with Dad at our normal Thursday night volleyball spot.  Before that I played some basketball at Harper Creek's Administration Building.  By the end of the day I was feeling pretty beat up.

Sunday at church we got to talking about the upcoming (August) mission trip to Colombia I'm going on.  It'll be interesting to sort out the 9 days of not working, but that'll depend on what I have going on at Denso.  For now it's exciting to sort out the details.  After church I rolled out to see Adela in Holland.
After several trips to the Holland Beach I finally got to see some sun!
The ice was treacherous to walk on.  I usually am pretty steady on it, but the wind and the slope was rough.
So the sun wasn't all the way out, but it was still very pretty.
Again... the iciness.  And all the ladders were covered with ice.  So falling in would involve a long swim to find somewhere to get out of the water.  Very sketchy.
So that was the deal pretty much.  Sports and Church fill my time after work.  Some days I get a little lonely without everyone I used to hang out with, but those nights I have video games and books to keep me company.

No comments:

Post a Comment