Sunday, March 10, 2013

Adventurousness

Work is kind of setting in to a normal pace.  I don't feel like I'm near ready for working on my own, but I'm learning new things every day and settling into a pattern of work.  More importantly I enjoy going in and working, even when I stay a little late here and there.

I enjoy being able to afford some new clothes and I'm trying to pile up some work pants versus regular pants.  That, along with some new polos and black shoes were part of my goals of the week.  I headed out for Kohl's and JC Penney's with a side of Dunham's.  I came out with some pants, shirts, new gym shoes and a Winter coat (first one since 2003 or so).
I enjoy shopping for a little while, then I'm sick of changing clothes constantly back and forth and back and forth.
On Wednesday I snagged Adela up from Holland because her classes were cancelled for Thursday/Friday. So on Thursday I planned to leave work a little early to spend some extra time with Adela and Mom, maybe to watch a movie.  Well I didn't get a picture of it, but the cats head was a little goblet of blood and puss and nastiness.  She's been acting funny and sensitive, so a vet trip was being planned, but not on the day I got out early!  Long story short she had an abscess (basically a major scratch that cats have trouble healing) and the vet shaves around it and gives her some antibiotics.
She peed all over at the vet clinic, but otherwise it was fairly uneventful. 
Friday night we had the unique opportunity to spend some time with a couple of Adela's campers from this last Summer.  I don't think very many high school campers have their counselor show up at their house (without warning) on a random Friday night.  We went to the mall and rolled pennies and bounced bouncy balls, we ran around on the parking garage and stayed out of trouble up there, snagged some slushies from the "best" slushy gas station in town and finally went sledding at Riverside on the snow (and by snow I mean grass and ice).

On the way to the car after sledding I realized my keys were not in my pocket.  After searching for quite a while in the dark we called for back up.  Right as my friend arrived to help us out I found the keys.  They were at the end of my first run when I went head first.  I figured they were somewhere dumb in the car and I was an idiot or that I didn't search far enough out.  Well it was the searching because they turned up about 20 feet further than I thought I had gone.
I used Adela's nice camera flashlight and she used my janky one that takes pictures randomly along the way.
More shopping on Saturday and some play time with the Riegel's in the afternoon.  Winter is running out of strength and I'm excited to see dirt.  I'll be even more excited when it's dry dirt and I can run and play on it easier.  I enjoy the seasons changing and with more light at night I'm pretty excited about the the coming of Spring.

Found some clearance dress shoes for 12 bucks.  We'll see if I like them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment