Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer Schedules

This week I didn't get much for pictures because I was too busy actually doing stuff.  I don't like taking a break to snag pictures in many cases.  Plus it can be sorta awkward. 

On Thursday I went to Holland and had dinner with Adela and some of her family.  She made some burgers and we played a game of Scum afterwards.  A lot of driving but definitely worth it. 

This weekend was the first I spent here in Battle Creek.  I had some plans to go out and about to the East side of the state but then I had ended up with a bunch of Battle Creek events to work on.  Friday evening I rode my bike to Kelsey Snowball's open house before watching a bit of baseball at Wattles Park and then finishing off with watching Star Trek (2009) with Ethan and Liz.  I really put off the long bike ride, but 11:30PM seemed like it was late enough.

All told it was a good start to the Summer biking season with about 20 miles logged in.  I don't really like riding for the fun of it, but when I have a destination I like it a lot better.  Hopefully this is the start of the good habit. 

I started Saturday with a look at a house.  I have some friends flipping it and while some of the details were enticing, I probably want to save up more of a proper down payment for a while.  Also, coming off a missionary stint I'm not a big fan of locking down on a house.  That payment can cripple a run at raising funds as a missionary.

As the day went on I had a bit of an impromptu softball practice.  I spent the afternoon with Josh Nye and Matt Garrett.  We just horsed around outside and played some softball.  Brian Murphy joined us for some basketball and playing some Zombies on the Xbox.  Next thing I know I'm going to bed at 2am!

As for the Summer Schedule, it looks like I'm locked in, or close to it.  Here it is:

Monday- Softball with Battle Creek Bible.  It gets my competitive fi in for the year since Garrison Hills only plays in a slow paced, low skill level league.

Tuesday- I do like the slow paced league sometimes.  It's usually great outfield practice and I like the fellowship with folks from my church.

Wednesday- Pick up volleyball.  I've got a small group of folks that are planning to play throughout the Summer.  Looking forward to seeing how this comes together. 

Thursday- Pick up Ultimate Frisbee and Youth Group.  Youth Group is different every week obviously.  Ultimate Frisbee is just up the street and it's great to be close and give me the option to do either. 

Friday/Saturday- Weekends are saved up for trips to camp, Ultimate Frisbee tournaments, and the other things that come up throughout the Summer. 

Sunday- Obviously I'm here for church most weekends, but sometimes the events of the weekend spill over into Sunday.  Today I played Tennis and other weekends there will be other one day sports. 

It's a good start to Sumer athletics!  I played Frisbee, basketball, softball and tennis.  I like being tired and soon I'll be back in mid-Summer shape.

Any time of season is a good for laying in the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment