Sunday, June 23, 2013

Going to Grandpa's

This was another Summer week that kind of goes into the blend.  Along with a weekend that was very different. 
 
Softball was cancelled Monday, but it just gave me more time at the Bombers with Mike and Randy.
 
Softball Tuesday was the normal.  We provided about half their team and they went on to thrash us.  Still fun to get out and about.  Then Wednesday I played Soccer with the Chin Youth Team before joining with Grant Penrod for some Tennis at KCC.
 
Thursday night was an odd one because Ultimate Frisbee switched from the usual awful field to KCC's extra field.  Turns out some other folks play there.  Some of them knew the details of Ultimate, but that doesn't mix well with our folks so much.  Either way, we all played together and it went all right.  Future weeks I think we'll split off to Wednesday nights though.
 
Friday I rode my bike into work.  Terrible idea.  It took about 25 minutes cause I have to avoid the Dickman on my bike.  By the time I got there I was a hot mess, and had to clean up a fair amount.  I won't do it in the future cause it's not worth having to change and dealing with randomly SUPER hot days against rainy days and etc. 
 
This particular time on the way home I saw the remains of the motorcycle that was wrecked Friday afternoon.  All that was left of the bike was the middle third.  Some of it burned but I imagine most of it was knocked off by the force of the impact.  The car looked like a truck hit it.  Pretty awful and pretty evident that the rider didn't make it.
 
But... the world keeps spinning.
 
Friday night I spent with Dad out at Grandpa's old house.  I got to see his bees and then go for a motorcycle ride after changing my oil.

Dad is in their flight path, kind of getting low and out of the way.
 
The flying one is blurry, but you can see he's carrying pollen in his little pollen sack on the back.


He has about 5 combs started.  I think it'll be neat to see the results in the coming months.

Going into light speed.  It was a chilly dusk ride.

He has the microphone system that is pretty fun to play with.
 
Saturday I played disc golf and shot a personal best of +1 there.  Now anything over that will be disappointing.  But that's ok.  I had the pleasure of doing that with the Moody's and then we watched the movie Flight.  Not so much the redemption story I was looking for, but also not awful.  Definitely rated R for a reason. 
 
And finally Sunday I went tubing with some of the Youth Group and the Wygants.  I haven't been real tubing for years and it was fun to go again.  I saved a couple rollovers by pulling myself back on, but also biffed a couple of times.  At least my pants stayed on the whole time.
 
The girls had a lot of fun together and a lot of crashes too.

My favorite part nowadays is falling asleep on the front of the boat.  Except when Tim stops fast and drenches me.
So another week is in the books.  If I haven't mentioned it before, I'm hired into Denso.  Waiting for the official dealio in July, but I've signed on to continue in my Packaging Engineering role.  It's fun to see how these 6 months away from camp have gone.  Still missing it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment