Monday, June 10, 2013

Can't keep me off camp property!

Actually... you probably could.  But they haven't tried too hard yet.  I spent the weekend up there getting recertified in lifeguarding.  This is 10 years since I was certified at Michigan Tech and it has changed my life.  It let to my Summer jobs, which led to my Full Time Jobs, which led to camp, which led to Denso now.  

Our LG review class all loved their manikins.

They did not love the super cold water.  I was backboarded twice and a shivering mess both times.

We had some spectators.  Nice of them to stop by and show us what it looked like to be warm.

Our class joined the Beach/Walmart trip.  This is what happens when you harass people carrying swim noodles.

Nice pic of chapel.  Paul wasn't quite capturing the under 6 crowd.

But the box hockey did.  I joined them for a bit during the end of chapel.

This was my drive home.  The camera makes it look better than real life.  Hard to see through the rain.
Even at home I got to see Mike Baker and Randy Harris on the down swing of their bus trip.  Watched a Bombers game with them after my softball game.  I'm hitting like I should again, so that was fun.  Always better when I get to run the bases a little.

Camp is starting and I'm sure a lot of people will be surprised by how it actually work.  I sure am praying for the Summer Staff to learn fast, and play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment