Monday, June 17, 2013

Outdoor Activities

This was a banner week around here.  Steve and Jen Knapp were up from Florida for the week, so I got to see them twice.  Once in Caledonia for a game night, and then once at the Riegel's to grill out and hang out.  I have pictures of this... but on the other computer that struggles with blogger.  But it's on Facebook for sure!

After that fun I got to see Adela for the rest of the weekend (I picked her up on Thursday right after work).  On Saturday, Mom thought it would be fun to head to the zoo!  And it was.  Here are some pictures.  I have many more Facebook.
That goat could eat like... 5 pods in one lick.

A peacock.  Mom got calling to one of them.  Like son, like mother?

My turn to feed.  I was so busy taking the picture that I didn't even see him eat this.

Gotta love the giraffe's.  Well worth a dollar to feed them!

In the fountain at the Arboretum.  I've been in there, but just for frisbees.
On Sunday we went to church, where power was out.  It was fun to have just hymns and a more quiet service.  Nice to know that church isn't dependent on the power grid.  And afterwards we went to South Haven!

I love South Haven but haven't been able to go because of camp the last three Summers.  So we packed kids in the cars and took off.  (Again, most of the pictures are on Facebook). I was excited cause they finally updated their parking lot to a debit card paying system.  No more guessing if they're ticketing or guessing if someone already paid for your spot earlier in the day.  Just go and pay and no problem.  They even have parking attendants with iPads that can actively check on every spot.

We all played a little of everything, walked the pier, and even snuck in a bit of a nap before driving home with some Yummy Taco Bell in our bellies.

Giant picture of this ship at South Haven.  The distance made it look all foggy.  
And that's all I have to say about that....

Just kidding.  I'm also having fun with sports.  Had a good Softball game Monday night.  I'm so excited to run the bases again.  I've missed that part of it.  And only 7 or so games left in that league.  Tuesday I skipped Softball in favor of the Knapp's.  Wednesday was lively beach volleyball.  It even included an almost arrest with 3 cops running around the apartment complex we were at.

This week Monday softball was cancelled for my team because of a scheduling error.  So I joined the boys for another Bombers game at CO Brown stadium.  It's really a blessing to stay connected with some of camp on a weekly basis.

I'm already getting sad that Summer will end.  So I'll be sure to make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment