Monday, December 3, 2012

Classic Weekend

The unpacking continues.  I have a huge mess of stuff to put away, but I'm chipping away at it.  It's funny how unmotivated and then motivated I can be.  Little things slow me down.  Dumb things.  Like I've been working at sorting clothes mostly, but then I have to clear out space for clothes and build grids.  It just seems like little distractions slow me down way more than they should.
It was pretty exciting making these grid shelves because I knew that I'd be able to put more clothes away.

This is what I'm working with.
 Life isn't just unpacking though.  We just got a DVR so I've been watching tv.  Just kidding.  But... seriously.  I have been watching a lot of Boy Meets World though.  But that isn't really all I'm up to.  It's been fun to join in with the church activities.

So on Wednesday I joined in on Clubhouse.  Our Youth Pastor, Tim, leads a group of 3rd through 6th graders (roughly) through games and a devotion.  They're rowdy, but we have fun playing and investing time in these young lives.

We also had a roller skating party this week.  I remember coming to Midway Roller Rink when I was in Junior High.  It was rough, but it's still neat to go and skate around.  The last time I roller skated was probably before my time on Seasonal Staff.  During that time I have played hours and hours of ice hockey.  Apparently I took it for granted that they're quite different.  So I never quite fell, but I was close to it several times.
A classic scene from my younger years.
Being blind doesn't stop Nosko from doing anything.  Hokie Pokie, Chicken Dance.  He's great.


For the weekend I made a run over to Holland and Grand Rapids.  I spent some time with Adela and watched an all night Ultimate Frisbee tournament.  I played a couple points and had a lot of fun.... but I'm still  surprised I stuck with the whole thing.  Watching frisbee is not as fun as playing.  Especially from 10pm to 6am.  Obnoxious.
Not the main team I followed.  My friend Evan's team was undefeated.
A classic weekend.  I drove to Holland late Thursday night, hung around til the tournament, then didn't get to sleep til 7am.  Slept til 12pm and then turned around to watch a girls basketball game at Hope.  We checked out Lake Michigan for a bit, which is always a bonus.  The most classic part was my early morning Sunday trip to church.  I don't know how many times I've set my alarm for 630 and rushed back to make it to music practice.

Now I'm back to unpacking.  Still finding room for clothes and getting distracted by football and Boy Meets world.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment