Monday, December 17, 2012

Ho Hum

These are the weeks where I'm not sure if I feel like blogging anymore.  I've been busy, but mostly with the same stuff I'm busy with every week.  Clubhouse, Youth Group, Swimming.  On top of that, I didn't take any pictures.  At camp I could walk around and take pictures of all our projects.  It's much harder to stop leading a game and take a quick picture at clubhouse.  And you don't want to see pictures of me watching Boy Meets World.

But here I am.  Blogging anyways.  I guess these are the not so exciting weeks.

There was another swim meet.  This week I didn't get the easy job of holding up the I-pad.  No no no. This week I marshalled the 8 and under kids.  That means that as their events approach I need to find all the 8 and under kids and make sure they are at the right lane at the right time.  It was rough for the first relay, but after that I remember some of the strategies.

You can probably imagine what it's like to get 6 girls and 5 boys into their proper lanes at the proper time.  Then there is the matter of keeping them there and reminding them what they are swimming, how to complete that swim legally, and then reminding them of when to actually go.  It's different to marshall the little ones because it's such a rush I have trouble actually cheering for them or noting how well they swam.

The part I really like is remembering the names.  I do all right with names, but it's a piece of cake when you have to round them up four times.  So now I remember Maddie, Maddie, Norgi, Addison, Caleigh, Asia, Aidan, Carson, Luke, Danny, and Adi.  I don't know how to spell them all for sure, but I remember faces and names.  That's a start.

We also had the Barakel Bash this weekend.  The yearly reunion of summer staff.  We get mostly folks from this Summer but there are usually new people and old people that also show up.  I enjoyed seeing everyone, playing frisbee and basketball, and reliving a little bit of those sweet summer moments.  We ate food, bounced bouncy balls, caught up with friends and generally enjoyed this honorary "Camp Zone".

Finally today.  Today I went out to visit Dad at his house near Springport.  It's been a while since I've been out there and it's neat to see some of the changes.  Since my last visit there are been some changes and it has become a sort of hub for the family to work on cars, tractors, combines and the like.  Dad walked me around and we took a look at some of the progress.  Kind of neat to see the family is sticking close to farming and getting into a little more of it here and there.

Ok.  I snagged some pictures really quick since writing in the afternoon.

The combine is new in the farm equipment.  As is the boat.

They keep busy in the barn.  The tractor is hiding back there.
So I guess the end of the week was a little more interesting.  We'll see what I get into next week. Thanks for following.  Not sure why you are, but you are.  So cool.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment