Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Return to Camp

The plan.  I like making plans.  Well this week the plan was to head up to camp with Adela for a couple of days of hanging out, catching up, and hopefully working some too.  And so I headed off to Midland for a night, then Camp Barakel on Wednesday afternoon.  It turns out the forecast was nasty. That sounded great to me though.  I thought it seemed like it would be fun to see some real snow. 

I started by visiting the Haines' new house.  Lots of progress there.  It really looks close to being able to move in.  There is still a lot of work to be done though.  I joined Mike Baker for some cleaning in Heritage Lodge and then for plowing as the snow storm came in.  
I wondered how the trim would turn out and I like it!  Simple, yet very well done.

I love the hardwood floor.  Fun to slide on!
Well the snow chased me away from too much work.  Instead I spent a lot of time catching up with Mike Baker and the Harris', watching Duck Dynasty, and sledding/snowball fighting with the Ford's.  I also enjoyed my first Camp Barakel Christmas party.  I missed the last couple I was around for so it somehow made sense to attend it this year.  I guess it made sense.  It happened anyways.
The snow was spectacular.  8-ish inches I'd guess.
The snow was great.  I had trouble getting around in my car one night, but Luke Harris simply pushed me around whenever I needed a hand.  It felt great to spend some time up there, but I'm hoping to go back about 3 more times this Winter, hopefully catching up with more people.

After camp, I was happy to stack a nice list of events for Sunday.
Tamales with Adela's family.
I joined in on a little bit of cookie frosting and tamale making at the Aguilera's.  I vaguely remember tamales from my Grandmas house I think.  But making them was a little different.  Too bad I don't get to try any!

Later in the afternoon I headed out to see Rob, Elizabeth, Aaron and Karen down near Flint.  We met at Red Robin and enjoyed a meal together.  It was my first Red Robin in years and I was really happy to have it.  Endless fries!  I made our waiter mad I think, but they're supposed to be endless!  Rob and Eliz gave me a gift too, as they usually do.  This year it was "Creationary".  A game like Pictionary only you make the subjects out of Legos.  Very difficult... but very fun here and there.
A gift from Rob.  Can you see my bench?

If this was a movie I'd "zoom and enhance".
Dunno if you can really see this but it's my car passing over 100,000 miles.  All the driving I have done adds up.  I'm thankful for thousands and thousands of safe miles.  There is a lot of fun represented there.

Thanks for following and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment