Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Shenanigans

It seems kind of hectic around here.  The day I dropped Adela off at Hope I ended up having Titus Brown over for a couple nights.  He was moving his sister into her new place in the Battle Creek Area.  I joined him on a tour of the new Battle Creek Skate Park.  It's not in service yet, but it looks like it's getting close and it was fun to see a ministry that will serve people that run in the same circles as I did as a teenager.
I also played disc golf on a kind of cold, kind of rainy but not too bad afternoon.  Shot a +2.  My best at Begg Park.
Every couple years my Thanksgiving day plans lead me to new and different places.  I've been in California, Florida, and Michigan.  Within Michigan I've been to family, friends, and friends of friends for Thanksgiving.  I've been thankful for the amount of hospitality that has been shown to me by such a variety of folks.

This year I enjoyed sharing the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in Midland with Adela's family.  It was a big change going from my normal 2 to 3 people family gatherings to a house full of about 13 people.  The food was good, but I really enjoyed the time to hang out with Adela's family.  It's a house full of fun and noise and activity.

So I enjoyed flying the kite in a corn field, jumping on a trampoline, playing Head of the Herd, shopping on black Friday, eating tons of food, playing Monopoly Deal, visiting old friends from camp and new friends from Adela's family.  Mostly it was fun to hang out with Adela for such a long time.  Once I'm working it will be much more hard to spend 6 days coming and going with her.

Sorry for the lack of pictures.  Life is speeding up a little, but hopefully I'll get in the habit back.

No comments:

Post a Comment