Saturday, March 26, 2011

Return of Winter


Just when the snow was retreating, we've had a wintry setback.  12 inches of a setback.  I had been taking pictures to show how close we were to being able to play some of the outdoor sports, but then all of camp was transformed overnight.  It's a bit of a setback after thinking Spring was going to get a running start this year.

Snow or no snow we went on with some Spring cleaning.  Cleaning week at Camp Barakel is a week where the whole staff splits up and spends most of three days cleaning an assigned area.  My area was Heritage and we were able to fly through it in two days.  We start on the ceilings and work our way down through the lights, bunks, bathrooms, and carpets.  I enjoy cleaning the high stuff cause I get to use a ladder, and most other people don't seem to enjoy it so much.  Here are some pictures from that view.


When we weren't cleaning (Monday, Friday, then 3-5pm Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) I was painting the staff room of the East Side Dining Hall.  Last week I mentioned scraping the ceiling with the guys.  Well this week I primed and painted the whole ceiling with help from Titus.  Then Mike Baker and Mike Alchin joined us to rip up the carpet and take out some of the tiles.  It's nice to make a whole lot of progress with the help of the other guys.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment