Monday, March 7, 2011

Wrapping Up Winter

For our last weekend of Winter camping I don't think anyone knew how the tubing hill or cross country skiing would go.  We didn't have much snow left to move around camp, so we just waited it out.  Friday afternoon we had rain which led to great tubing runs Friday night.  They were fast, and you could go to the end of the run and all the way back down.  Then overnight we accumulated about 4 inches that stuck to all the icy trees and roads.  It was enough to even open the cross country ski trails for the first time in 3 weekends. 

We only used the West side of camp, but it was pretty full with two different retreats at once.  Meals were staggered on Saturday, which made them fairly long for doing dishes, but it was at a leisurely pace that's nice at this time of year.  I was able to play broomball with a team from Kalamazoo.  I don't know why they let me join them, cause they were already really good.  It was a blast to play some extra broomball, and a nice way to top off the season. 

On Sunday afternoon I went out cross country skiing for the first time this year.  I don't know why I didn't get to it earlier, but I couldn't resist all the pine trees heavily laden with snow.  It just made me think of the song "Indescribable" by Chris Tomlin.  Here are the pictures, guest starring Titus Brown.

It's also worth noting that we finished up the last bathroom of tiling, and after the partitions the bathrooms will be all set except fixtures.  So we're still moving along on Crosscut and we're looking forward to seeing some major progress now that the retreat season is over.

Thanks for following and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment