Sunday, March 20, 2011

Work and Run

Things are still settling in for the off season.  This has been a lot different than last year.  Mike Baker had surgery and is supposed to take it easy for the next couple weeks and Dan Haines just welcomed another son.  That left us short of guys right when we're trying to ramp up projects.  So I spent some time with Dan starting the tile for the Great Room in Crosscut.  Each piece of tile is about a 20 inch square.  It's been really hard to get the tiles level, but Dan does most of that while I keep the mortar ready and help him out along the way.
We are also doing some remodeling work in the East Side Dining Hall Staff Room.  Over the summer we had a rainstorm that worked it's way through the ceiling, causing a fair amount of damage.  Now we are putting in some new tile, moving some cabinets around, and refinishing the drywall.  In order to prepare the room for the drywall guys, Mike Alchin has been tearing down wallpaper and replacing damaged drywall.  While doing that he realized we needed to smooth out the textured ceiling, and he recruited a couple of us to scrape at the ceiling.  It was a fairly grueling bit of work, but the three of us made light work of it.
That was the gist of the work for the week.  I ended up making a run home again.  I stopped in Rochester and spent some time with Barakel friends from that area.  Then I hustled home on Saturday afternoon, just in time for the Taco Uno party at my church.  I took one quick picture, then realized that it doesn't have tacos or Uno cards in it.  That's all right though.  I think.  You can still see that we were gathered at tables talking at least.
Now I'm posting this while sitting in the narthex of the church.  I'm about to drive back up to camp, picking Sam Doyle up on the way.  I hope your March Madness brackets are doing better than mine is.  Oh, and if you don't have one, then you are blessed beyond the rest of us.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment