Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Different Week

After ten weeks of camp we now transfer back into the off season routine.  Out of the five guys in the maintenance crew, two were gone for the week, leaving us with a little bit of a different week.  The bathroom partitions in Crosscut are all finished up now and we have started updating the staff room in the East Side Dining Hall.  We also took out the bathroom counters from Snowshoe lodge.  They have had some kind of white splash stains on them for quite a while, we finally have some time to take them out and get them refinished before campers return in May.

This being the first open weekend of the year, I rushed home on Friday afternoon.  It was a good chance to catch up with people at home.  I ate at Pizza Sam's a couple of times and even attended follies at the Calhoun Christian School on Friday night.  I also used the opportunity to buy some supplies.  It's funny what a little orange juice, some cereal, parmesan cheese, and a box of candy bars will do for me.  Most of it will last through this Spring season at camp.
The three boxes of Poptarts from Big Lots are not pictured above.  Garrison Hills is always central to my trips home.  I try to catch up with a lot of people, especially the Youth Pastor from my church.  I end up seeing him at Pizza Sam's a couple times, but I almost always get to go to church on Sunday mornings.  I don't get to catch up with everyone as much as I'd like, but it's just nice to see faces again after two and half months.


There's good old Garrison Hills.  Rob was also home on Spring Break, and I was happy to see him for a little bit.  Hopefully I'll get to come and go in Battle Creek a couple more times over the next months.

No comments:

Post a Comment