Monday, May 20, 2013

Trippin

You can usually see a nice sunset at the airport in Battle Creek.  As long as you don't mind the fence.
This was my busiest week this year.  every day was bang bang.  Work, soccer, sports, youth group, Red Wings.  Blah blah blah.

For Youth Group we went to Bailey Park.  I wasn't sure how crowded it would be, but it had plenty of room.  We let everyone split up and do whatever they wanted.  Playing catch, throwing stones in the river (sometimes at the ducks), horsing around on the playground, and my group wandered over to some youth baseball games.
Throwing rocks into the river fascinated many of the kids for a while.

Some of them were trying to learn to skip rocks, even though most were not really good for skipping.
The mosquitoes came out right when we tried to eat.  So some ran to the cars, some walked around a lot, and some just sat there and ignored them.  It turned out to be a really enjoyable night out and about.  On a side note I'm happy we had that oil spill cause the river doesn't stink anymore. 
These girls loaded up this tire swing.
After Youth Group I didn't even have time to do anything before going to bed super late.  And after that I also had to go to work at 6:30am to track with a project we had going.  So that early day was followed up by a couple meetings in the late afternoon.  I hustled from there to Holland to pick up Adela before a weekend of dishes at camp.  
That's Miss Sassy on the phone.
They just finished zipline training and so I figured I'd go up and see how they were doing.  It's really weird to see how other people run it and the things they say.  Fun to take some pictures and ride the zipline though.  I even got to run it for a bit in the afternoon.
Jeremy Rook doing his thing.

Adela got to zip with one of her campers.  That would be great!

That's what I look like apparently.  When I zip, you zip, we zip.
So that's pretty much it.  I love camp so much.  I am going to miss it even more as Summer staff start to arrive for training.  It's a good, busy time of year.  Basketball and Hockey Playoffs, Tigers are playing, sports are happening, weather is opening up finally.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment