Monday, May 13, 2013

New Camera... lots of pictures!!

I'll let the camera do most of the talking here. I will try to chip in here and there so you'll at least know where I'm at.  We're starting with Youth Group at the lake.  The weather didn't cooperate, but that didn't slow us down very much.  Like they say at camp:

"Whether the weather be good, or whether the weather be bad, whatever the weather we'll weather the weather whatever the weather be."



Our best volleyball player of the night with a great dig.


Noah Wygant took care of the grill.

Even with no swimming the lake is still relaxing to visit.
I usually help with Youth Group and it's been a lot of fun to have more of the responsibilities.  BUT... I'm still looking forward to Tim returning. 

On Friday I had one of those ridiculous days I tend to find myself in.  I woke up at 5:30am to snag some donuts for work, then I worked til 7:30am.  I ran straight from there to the Battle Creek Children's Water Festival (12th straight year!!).  Without Mrs. Lindow there it was a lot different, but everything still went smoothly after all.  From there I caught up at work for a couple of meetings from 2:00pm to 4:30pm. 

After that I busted a run to Grand Blanc for a 7:45pm viewing of Iron Man 3 with Brad, Emily, Hannah, Xavier and Silas.  That's a bunch of names I guess.  I thought the movie was great and probably the funniest of the three, although they definitely pushed the limits a bit further. 
Some Frisbee before the movie.  I don't know if he's scared or angry or what.

The blur in the picture is Emily.  She's super fast!
After the movie I hustled up to camp for the labor weekend.  I didn't really plan to help much, but I sort of treated it like a retreat and another chance to catch up with everyone.  I spent the morning wandering and taking pictures of the workers, then I helped Randy in the afternoon.
I love the camp paths on sunny days.


Working on the docks.  But the union's not on strike, they're not down on there luck and it's not so tough.

The dining hall looks great.  You can't see the sound absorbing layer in the carpeting.

The siding I stained a couple weekends ago will land on this part of the Chapel.

Helping Randy load up and pull this work van in from the shop.

The end game with the docks.  Taking them out in chunks and sawing them up from there.


The East Side Dish Room.  Looking forward to trying out the new setup.
Before dinner we played a game of Sorry! which is probably my favorite game.  I wrapped up the evening watching a promotional video for camp that was produced in the 70's and included Randy and Connie as singles.  Watched the Tigers and some Nascar before heading to bed.

Karen and Aaron.  Also known as Ka'aron.  Aaron is still sad about a 3rd place finish at Sorry!
Then it was the typical rush back home in time for teaching Sunday School.  We discussed Tithing and what it's all about.  Many of the kids in our Youth Group don't know anything about it so I thought we'd see what the Bible says and discuss what people thought of tithing and giving in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment