Monday, February 4, 2013

Landing the Job

I have the sort of long awaited job.  After a month of wishing I was working a first shift engineering job, I have one.  It's at Denso, the company I was kind of planning on working with even before I left camp in November.  Other offers came in at the same time, but I decided to stick with Battle Creek for a bit here.  I start on Tuesday (tomorrow morning) and I'm looking forward to learning a new job.

In the meantime I finished up at the scanning job.  Friday was my last day.  I'm kind of sad to leave them because they are really hustling on a project, but they understand.  Back to the engineering world though.

I decided to have a special snack for my last day of scanning.  Fruit and Arnold Palmer!
On Saturday I jumped over to Kalamazoo for Kevin and Angelee's wedding.  I spent the Winter and Spring with Kevin, then the Summer and Fall with Angelee.  Fun to see them both off and started on their next stage of life together.  Two people seeking God first, then each other and letting the rest work itself out.
Some people get all antsy and excitable at wedding.
Like usual, Rob and I were abandoned by our dates so we had a blast chit chatting and laughing. Someday someone will put microphones on us and we'll make some type of radio or tv show. But for now most of the jokes are lost in the shuffle.  It was definitely fun though, especially the camp type reunion.  Lots of fun.

After the wedding I left for camp with Hannah Ford and Emily Calhoun.  We wanted to go to join in on Super Bowl festivities with the camp staff.  So we hustled ourselves up there, grabbing Xavier Brumwell along the way.  Met up with many of the folks that were already up there helping for the weekend. Busy busy and lots of traveling, but definitely worth the time.
Crossing Shear Lake on Sunday morning.
It was my most productive trip of the year.  I stayed with Dan and Sarah Haines which gives me extra time to chat with them.  Not only that, but I also enjoyed chatting with Mike Alchin before lunch and Mike Baker during the West Side shutdown.  Always great to hang out with the guys and catch up on the happenings.

Now I'm home.  Quick haircut and catching up on sleep before the first day of work tomorrow.  Boo yah gramma!

No comments:

Post a Comment