Sunday, January 27, 2013

Boom! Sledding!

I feel like half of my opening sentences on this blog include an apology for a lack of pictures.  So there is another one, only not so much an apology, because this week I have a video to throw out there.

But first, about this week.  I guess there isn't much to say.  Second shift doesn't really suit me because I'm cut off from my normal evening activities.  Then to add to that, spending the day free tends to involve a lot of languishing.  I tried to make sure I accomplished a couple things in the mornings and early afternoons.

Compassion Kid:  I finally sent a letter to my Compassion Kid.  Sometimes I struggle to get a letter written, which is silly because it takes minutes.  I'm looking forward to receiving his next letter within the next couple months.

Headlight Situation:  My left headlight has been out for at least a month.  I ordered a pair online and they turned out to be the wrong size.  So this week I returned them, which is one of those things that I hate doing and it sits on the floor of my room for days.  Well I received a new light that is the right size.  Every time I went to install it we had snow falling and it was cold and nasty outside.  Since the headlight has a seal to keep moisture out, I decided to leave it for another day.  So then I'm leaving work one night and I start the car with the remote start and can't tell if it worked.  While walking into the parking lot I can't see my car until I realize it's blending in with the other cars with two headlights. So yeah... it fixed itself.  Wow that turned into a long paragraph.

Jobs:  I had that interview and I felt it went all right.  Rough here and there but good for portions.  I think it will come down to whether they feel I'm a good fit or not.  They told me they'd contact me this week about the contract packaging job.  I also visited with a friend that works at Stryker.  He introduced me to his engineering group and I had a lot of fun with this unofficial meet and greet.

This weekend was my first without any plans really and I was happy to chill out.  Hannah Ford (staff kid from camp) close by in Jackson and she stopped in for a visit.  We tried out the "zip" sleds her family is keen on.  I was skeptical but they were a lot of fun.  Several times we hit the jump that was set up, and I felt bad when I smashed right through it.  It turned out all right though as I saw the kids excitedly working to beef it up all over again.

Don't mind the noises I make as I go down the hill near the end.  Hannah easily beat me down the hill every time.  What a beautiful day for sledding though!

So another week has passed by.  Another week is right around the bend.  I'm trying to enjoy the Pro Bowl on tv, but that's hard.  Shawshank Redemption and some other good flicks have been fun to watch.  Just passing time, trying to settle in on this new schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment