Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cold Chicago

This week Tim traded places with Nosko for Clubhouse.  Nosko ran the games and gave the message near the end, with some help from Tim here and there.  It's funny how the kids that ignore everything we tell them will listen to Nosko the blind kid.  The hardest part was getting the others to quiet down, but once they could hear him talking they really focused.  

Nosko spoke about Paul escaping from prison.  About Paul going to visit the very people that were praying for him and their disbelief.  Well Nosko doesn't have that problem.  Dude knows he's going to see again some day, whether here on Earth or in Heaven someday.

Nosko teaching everyone.
For some reason I always end up in Chicago in the Winter.  This week was no exception as I brought Adela for her first trip to Chicago to enjoy some of the sights and catch up with Rob and Eliz.  I started the trip by running over to grab Adela and then returning to Battle Creek for the night.  On the way it was super rainy, especially for February.

I don't use my wipers very much.
Once in Chicago we met with Rob, Eliz and also Ethan Reynolds.  Ethan had to run, so I didn't see much of him until I stayed in his room for the night.  In the meantime we went to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  It's one of the many Chicago attractions that I hadn't visited before.  

Lots of monkeys.
 They have lots of primates, big cats, wild dogs, beavers, and more and more.  The Winter scared away some of the the animals, but we got to see a baby gorilla running around.  I saw monkeys play fight, beavers swim and nibble on branches, and lots more.  It would have been a really long day if we saw everything anyways.
Somehow the Flamingos were out and about while the Polar Bear hid from us.
Other than the zoo we pretty much took it easy.  Joined Rob and Liz at their house Saturday night and then at their Church Sunday morning.  Lots of eating.  I always enjoy my trips eating too much at the Yolk! as well as Go Roma.

So now I'm stuffed.  Looking forward to another week of work and I'm happy that I had a weekend to enjoy friends in the big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment