Monday, November 19, 2012

Gotta Do This One More Time!

This was a week of one more time kind of things.  Last week at camp.  I plan to return fairly often, but we'll see what happens.  In the meantime I was a little sad and sentimental.  I had a last trip to and from Gaylord in Camp Barakel buses.  I attended church at Praxis one last time.  Last pick up basketball in Fairview.  And then work of course.  Painting and driving the Skytrak around and splitting some wood too.

White paint hand.
My last day was Wednesday and the Bakers invited me to dinner at their place.  I was pleasantly surprised to find a big banner at the entrance to the house.  I think Mike wanted me to run through it like a football player.  
A heartwarming goodbye.
The maintenance crew all came out to play some games, watch tv and enjoy some yummy treats.  It was such a good wrap up for my time there.  I sure will miss the people at Camp Barakel.
Brad and Randy spending quality time together.
The beautiful morning sky greeted me as I headed South.  One last time.
So now it's Battle Creek.  I enjoyed doing some traditional things, as well as some new stuff.  I spent most of the weekend with Mom and Adela.  We all went to the state volleyball championships to watch St Phil win again, then Adela and I walked the Arboretum and went to the Kingman Museum to check out the planetarium.  It had been a long time since I'd been in there and I don't ever remember going to a planetarium before.

After that we headed over to the Battle Creek Holiday Parade, followed by a quick trip to Pizza Sam's.  It was really a banner day.  I also saw the new Bond movie with the fantastic Moody's.  The movie was all right, but I wouldn't call it my favorite bond.  Finally playing drums at church is always fun.  Leaving camp is sad, but it's definitely exciting to think about all the Battle Creek stuff that I've been looking forward to going to.  

It's a time of change, but I trust that everything will get sorted out well.  I'm having fun and enjoying the new stuff.  Now I just need motivation to get myself really settled in to the groove of hometown living.

No comments:

Post a Comment