Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lost Camera

I think I know where my camera is... but I'm unsure.  We had a fire meeting on Wednesday, and I know I had it there, but as we tried out different trucks I lost track of it.  I just had a promising conversation with Jeremy Linsley concerning possible locations.  You see, the fire meeting involved taking a team of three people (mine was Kieth Boeve, Jeremy, and myself) and performing a task with each fire truck.

Riding on top of the water tank.
So the fire meeting was a lot of fun, and we all had to start and operate each water pump, generator, and truck.  This is what happens when Lee Brown is in charge of these things.  Anyways, I left my camera in one of the trucks.  I checked them, but now Jeremy is saying that maybe I didn't check one of the trucks that stays outside.  I think he's right.

All that was basically to explain that I don't have the pictures I planned to have for this post.  Instead I went through and took some pictures of the project work in the East Side Dining Hall.  We're really hoping to finish up most of the main dining hall this coming week, but for now we've finished with the sound panels on the ceiling. 

This is what the ceiling looks like now.  So now you won't be shocked if you come visit us.
We still need to wallpaper and tidy up before campers begin to use the room.  But it really is starting to look like a dining hall once more.  We're just excited to get things moved back into the dining room and the backpack room.  We started this at the beginning of March, and so it's been about 6 or 7 weeks now.

No carpet in the backpack room.  We have a special carpet guy coming from South Carolina to work on it.
The weather is getting better again.  In fact... it seems like it's been May for about a month now.  This opens us up for more outdoor work.  Mike Baker and I have been trying to clean up the trees when we get moments between the major projects, and the new wood shed (old equipment shed) still needs work on the walls.

We're all busy right about now.  Programers are thinking of Spring camps and Summer programs.  Maintenance guys are trying to get everything wrapped up before guests come up this Spring.  The office folks are keeping all the details and the volunteer staff in order.  Through all that we say goodbye to our last "normal" weekend before summer.  From here on out we'll have guests every week through mid August.

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment