Monday, April 30, 2012

Camera Found

Good pictures/video from last week that I'd forgotten about.

Mike managed to carry it over to the maintenance yard intact.  That made it easier....
.... to burn it all at once.  We checked for the burn permit and were cleared, but I figured I'd keep an eye on it because of the harsh winds.  A very hot... stinky fire.
But that was a couple weeks ago.  In fact I'm kind of blurring what we've done which week.  I think it was this week we cut down a bunch of trees between the East Side soccer field and ballfield.  All that cutting gave me a good opportunity to use my new safety glasses and earplugs.  This clearing should make room for a nice parking lot that is not on the side of a hill behind the dining hall.  I'll try to snag some pictures of the area once it gets leveled off and cleared out more.

We also pulled most of the scaffolding out of the East Side Dining Hall and abandoned Dan Haines to work on painting and wall papering in there.  Mike and I spent some time adding in a fence in front of the ESDH and even planting some trees in there.

Mike is watering some of our trees.  The fencing really fits in well.
While we had the tree planting bug we headed over to add some trees behind Heritage.  The new parking lot back there left a lot of sandy area that is bare of trees.  Hopefully several of our transplants will make it.

Most of our time was spent putting up some poplar planks on the new woodshed.  The new woodshed is the old equipment shed.  The equipment is going in the new equipment shed that hasn't been built yet.  Did that sound confusing?  Cause it kind of is.  Once the building is up, it'll all become clear.

This was my office for a couple days.  Some of the wood was so wet it sprayed.
This is the cow pen.  These planks will make it easier to stack wood across the whole width of the building.
So that's it for now.  I feel I should have snagged some more pictures from this week, but maybe I'll add them next week.  Keep working out of a deficit until I catch up.  The important thing is that we're very busy up here, and time is running short before summer staff arrive.  I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment