Monday, October 17, 2011

Supply Drop

Another week goes by and the weather keeps cooling off.  This week I enjoyed seeing a lot of friends com up for the weekend.  Rob and Calvin (both former roommates) showed up to help as part time staff and my Dad came with several old friends from Battle Creek.  With these friends came quite the supply of breakfast foods and orange juice.  I'm very thankful for the provision of all this food.

Just imagine the 6 bottles of OJ.
The colors around camp have dropped off to different shades of brown mixed with the green of the pine trees.  With one men's retreat done, we only have one more and our retreat season is over.  I'm working on getting involved in town, helping out with the volleyball team for the next couple weeks and then trying to sort out a schedule for running the clock at basketball games this Fall and Winter. 

That's a big clump of mushrooms near the bottom.
It's nice to take a stroll around camp and check out the woods.  It seems like the woods are restless as the wind shakes the trees.  This morning I spent some time at Crosscut to enjoy the view down the hill there.  Turkeys have been running all around the property, in fact I almost hit about six of them on the way back from my bus test in Alpena.  Oh, and speaking of the bus test!  It went very well.  Vawn, the lady that administered the test, seemed very impressed with the condition of our bus and with how well prepared I was.  I really have to thank Mike Alchin and Danny VanOrman for helping me figure out how to test all the different components of the test. 

Wow, I also forgot about my trip to the emergency room.  Dave Proper had a bit of a crossbow accident and tore some major flesh off of his thumb.  So the same day as the test I drove him down to West Branch to get that stitched up properly.  So in one day I drove about 5 hours, took a 2.5 hour test, and sat in a waiting room for about 5 hours.  I also found time to clean for about 2 hours in there and waited in line at the Secretary of State for a while.  That was a lot of sitting but I was able to do a lot of reading in the ER.  Out of it all I was able to drive the bus at the men's retreat this weekend. 

You can see where the leaves are going.

So another exciting week.  I can hardly remember all the events as it seems to have just blurred by.  Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment