Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall and Summer


The Iconic Blockhouse

This weekend marked the last Ladies Retreat of 2011.  Hundreds of ladies came to Camp to experience the zipline, thunder express, rifle/archery ranges, Shear Lake, and much more.  I was happy to see a lot of familiar faces at this retreat, and I hope that the Chapel sessions will have an impact on all of the campers from this weekend.  Just by looking around camp we had all the aesthetics of the peak Fall colors, but on top of that we had summer temperatures that combined to make perfect weather for a retreat.  But now we move on to the Men's Retreats for two weeks.  We'll see sports, hearty meals, and very likely a temperature drop.

On the work days the maintenance crew has been whipping the new roof into shape.  We've finished with the skylights and shingled our way up to the peak of the roof in most areas.  Now all we need to do is catch up by the chimney and we'll be nearly finished with this roof. 

The midweek progress.

The roof at the end of the week.

I have been enjoying this weather and the sports that come with the season.  Watching the Tigers in the playoffs has been thrilling, almost too thrilling actually.  Then the Lions have been fun to watch along with most the NFL I try to follow on Sunday afternoons.  This week I played Volleyball with several of the Ford kids for almost three hours.  I've also been watching the leaves fall away from the trees.  There's a distinct smell throughout camp as the trees turn, and it's a reminder that Winter will come.


Oh!  And my bus test.  That's this week at Noon on Thursday.  I've practiced many of the skills, but I'm still trying to tighten up my Pre-Trip Inspection.  I'll also be driving to Gaylord to get some more hours behind the wheel.  I'm hoping it goes well so that I'll be able to help drive bus in the future.

Thanks for Following!

No comments:

Post a Comment