Monday, January 10, 2011

Tis the Season

Tis the season for campers.  I've mentioned that I've been missing campers and it's been nice to see them at camp, especially kids.  It would be the first kids to camp since about September.  It's also the season for hockey.  My first impression of many of the staff kids here is on the ice.  It's right down the hill from my trailer, and we're able to play hockey all weekend and a couple times along the week.  We play a pretty simple version of hockey, but any of the kids that can skate end up down there for some fun and exercise.  I'm also taking part in a Bible study with some High Schoolers from Fairview.  Our first meeting was Sunday night, and I'm looking forward to studying the book of Job and getting to know some more local folks.
In other news the work continues throughout the week.  Our maintenance crew is laying tile in Crosscut Lodge and cutting up dead trees around camp.  We also had to tidy up our cabins before the campers came up on Friday.  I even saw a couple of the maintenance guys helping to make some Cheerio Treats in the dining hall Friday morning.
This weekend we welcomed a Father/Son retreat along with a Teen Retreat.  One of our speakers, Don Jackson, came up early to talk to the staff about the generation of teens that we minister to throughout the Winter.  One thing he mentioned was that camp had a lot of safe thrills, which is a good thing when we're inviting teens up every weekend all Winter.  The big news at camp was that we didn't have enough good snow for the tubing hill to open.  It could have been a disappointment, but instead we opened up Thunder Express and everyone that wanted to could swing over and get a snowy thrill. 

So camp is on again.  I'm back to the work I've been looking forward to and praying about.  Please pray with me as we trust God to bring the right kids to camp at the right time to make an impact on their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment