Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow and Work

It snowed!  A lot.  So much that they cancelled school in Fairview, and we had plenty for our tubing hill.  This weekend was our last Father/Son retreat and many of our guests on both sides of the lake were familiar faces from over the summer.  They were able to enjoy the most snow of all the retreats this year, and also the coldest temperatures.  I don't look at a thermometer very often, but when I'm getting cold while playing hockey I know it's in the negatives.  This weekend I was even able to play some broomball with one of the Father/Son teams.

Before the weekend came we were able to accomplish a lot on Crosscut Lodge.  Dan Haines has been down there working on the tile for weeks now, but this week he had company.  Mike Alchin has been installing lights and fans throughout the lodge, and Mike Baker has been setting up the bathroom partitions.  I've been able to help out a little with all three of them, but most of my work this week was with the partitions.  While the Mike's plowed the snow all over camp, I unboxed and sorted all the materials for the bathroom partitions.  By Friday we we were well into the shower stalls for our first bathroom unit.

Throughout this work I've picked up a cold/fever sort of thing that really jumped me Sunday night, and most of Monday.  I'm praying that the symptoms would fade, and I wouldn't miss any work for it, especially on the upcoming weekend.  More importantly I pray for the work that we've been doing here on the weekends.  I enjoyed going early to a chapel service on the East Side and listening to the musicians play.  From the balcony I can get a good look at what the weekends are all about as fathers and sons gather around fire places, preparing to hear from God's word.
So here comes another week.  Time continues to fly by during this busy Winter season.

No comments:

Post a Comment