Sunday, January 2, 2011

Driving in the New Year

2010 saw a lot of adjustments in my life.  I've been committed to working at Camp Barakel as seasonal staff for a solid year now.  Over that time I've been part of insulating, paneling, shingling, fixing, cleaning, wood cutting, tubing, dish washing, counseling, programing, babysitting, driving, drumming just to list off a couple.  Now I'm looking forward to starting the cycle all over again with my commitment to another year of camp.

To celebrate the New Year I made it to my first Ultimate Frisbee tournament in quite a while.  The Grand Rapids indoor tournament is a blast whenever I've participated and this year was no exception.  I was able to hook up with some of my Michigan Tech friends and we made a team that did really well throughout the tournament.  What didn't do so well was my legs.  They haven't been beat down like this in a long time and they showed it in some bad cramps in my calves, quads, and hamstrings that spread out throughout the tournament.  By the end we'd won 3 of our 4 games, and we had a lot of fun along the way.

As soon as the tournament was over in Grand Rapids I blasted off for a New Years Eve party in Auburn Hills, north of Detroit.  We played a lot of games, watched a couple movies, ate a lot of food, stayed up late, and participated in a fantastic talent show.  As the party finished winding down on Saturday night, I drove out for Battle Creek so I could play drums at church on Sunday morning.  The miles keep piling up in my car.  After church I was able to help take Rob and Elizabeth's engagement photos.  (Side note:  Three of my best friends have been married or engaged.  To three Elizabeth's.  We'll have a McAdam's, Moody, and Murphy).  Here's an unauthorized sneak peak off my phone.
So another busy week, but now I'm pretty much in the clear to return to camp.  I'll be able to catch up with a couple more people in Battle Creek, but other than that it'll be pick up, pack up, peace out.  It's been a challenging year, but through the struggle I learn to depend on God to support me more.  Please pray for our campers over the next 10 weeks as they are presented with the Gospel and a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment