Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Abroad at Home?

My time at home is going well.  I arrived on Saturday and enjoyed the drums once again at Garrison Hills.  Most of my days are spent catching up on reading, tv, movies, and disc golf.  Then in the evening I've been able to help out with our church's "Clubhouse" program for 3-6th graders.  I also played some volleyball and  joined in on a little bowling with the Youth Group.

For the weekend my friend Evan invited me to an Ultimate Frisbee tournament down in Richmond, Indiana.  We didn't know very many of the folks going into it, but it turned out really well.  Our team pretty much rocked all the competition.  Eventually we made it to the championship game against a team I think we beat 15 to 1 on Saturday.  On Sunday they had a slight roster change.  And by slight I mean that out of their 9 or 10 people they only kept their top 3.  
Classy white shirts on white shorts.
Even with all the changes, our team probably should have beaten them.  The wind was picking up, and we followed up with some poor decisions periodically.  We needed patience against the wind, but it's really tempting to try some of the longer throws against the wind.  Either way, we made a good run near the end of the game, then lost by 3 or 4.  I'm not entirely sure now.  

The sky shows how fantastic the weather was.


The team.
I really enjoyed meeting the new folks on our team.  I also feel like it was one of my best tournaments both offensively and defensively.  It was the first time in a long time that I didn't get cramped up towards the end of either day.  The reason for this is that the team was all around good.  It made it possible to take a break, knowing that the team would be taking care of business with or without me.

Sorry for the late blogging.  I just forgot I guess.  Things are flying by here.  I'm looking forward to getting back to the work at camp.  In the meantime I've been trying to work on reading several books and enjoying the easy internet access at home.

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment