Monday, January 14, 2013

Fixing

Warning.  One picture and many words.

The car is fixed!  Turned out the front, drivers side shock spindle, ball joint, and axle needed to be fixed.  And it is.  I also had them put on new tires that weren't bald.  Hopefully that will prevent future issues.  They also confirmed what I already knew, that I need to change my brakes.  I still have a headlight to work on and possibly a wheel bearing.  As I work on things we'll see what all is wrong and needs to be worked on.

This week was a fairly normal week around here in general.  Swimming and church.  We met at the mall for a scavenger hunt with the Youth Group.  The theme was to organize a birthday party for our pastors wife with objects we found in the mall.  We had quite a few kids and it was fun to be in the mall that is mostly filled with stores now.  With Buffalo Wild Wings in the food court there isn't much empty space even in there.  

As for jobs, this week was a bit of a let down as my first choice place wants people with more experience in design or auto or something.  They might have a packaging spot available as well though.  It opened up my second tier of local jobs to search for.  So I've lined up some more places I'm interested in, including speaking with some actual people at some of the places.

In the meant time I'm hoping to line up some temporary work for a couple weeks.  Just enough to make some cash and pay some bills.  Substitute teaching is still in the fall back, but they don't want to orient me and throw me into the program unless I'm definitely going to stick with it for a while.  They don't want me to get an engineering job 3 days into training.  
Snow and ice.
We were due for a ridiculous amount of ice over Saturday night, but we didn't get the cold that comes with ice.  So it was just rain.  So everyone got to church if they weren't sick from the Flu outbreak. Since our Youth Pastor, Tim, wasn't there I helped lead the Youth Group through a video about Isaiah. I also gave the announcements, but it was a little rough. I'm used to announcements, but I'm not used to the crazy stage lights in my face.  It was all right though.

The supposed ice storm didn't deter me from running over for a quick visit with Adela in Holland.  I joined in on their Sunday night service on campus called "Gathering".  It was a lot like the Youth Group trips to Tennessee.  A rock/worship concert with a good preacher after the music.

I didn't hang around too long and started the drive back despite the news of crashes on I-94.  I take all the back roads anyways and it was fine.  The road was completely dry until the last half of the trip, then it went from wet to salty and then finally a little messy in Battle Creek.  It looked like it was a slushy mix that then froze up.  I guess the little bit of snow on top of that made it worth closing schools this morning.

Well, that was it.  There was a swim meet in there.  And some Mario Kart and Boy Meets World. Another week though.  Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment