Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mousing Strategy

Mice are a problem in the trailer.  They don't have to be, but the door doesn't close very easily and people have issues double checking this kind of thing.  So over the summer I begged the folks staying in the trailer to keep it all the way closed, but every time I went by it wasn't closed.  So now I have the mice.  Last year they were terrible, pooping all over.  This year I might have figured them out.

Look at all that cereal!  That's only about half of it.
So between the fridge and those drawers there is a crack.  I have come to believe this is a main artery in the mouse traveling network.  I believe this because I've snagged about 5 of them there in 10 days.  I also haven't seen any poop anywhere all Fall.  So either the YAPS (summer college kids) potty trained them, or they aren't gallivanting around my trailer freely.  I blame my trap placement.

Other than that we're digging up some major stuff in the East Side Dining Hall.  Everywhere we pull down the walls we find more moisture, so we've chased it right into the walls.  So now we have a skeleton of a freezer left over.  In the basement I took out the drop ceiling and all the insulation under there.  After that I posted a couple fans to dry out the wood.

The ceiling in the basement.
Big fans.  I'd like to make a quadrocoptor out of 4 of these.
Right now it's Dan Haines, Mike Baker and myself working on this, but when the time starts getting crunched down I think we'll drag Mike Alchin in.  All of this stuff has to be back together by the 2nd of January.  That's about 3 full work weeks (full meaning 2 out of 3 of us will be there while the others use up their last vacation days).  Breaking the tile was a grueling part of the process that we tried to make fun.  I tried duel wielding hammers and it became a tiring mess of dust and flying tile chunks.  Making the best of it.

Now for the weekend.  I packed things in, so I'll just rip through them here.  I left camp Friday afternoon and headed for Rochester.  There I went to the joint birthday parties of Karen Morgan and Aaron Jerome.  It was a blast that kept me up til about 3am.  Then I headed out for Battle Creek at 6am.  (It's not a Cody road trip if I don't do some major driving on 3 hours of sleep).

In BC I went to the State Volleyball Finals where I watched St Phil win their 6th Class D title.  I stuck around for a couple other matches.  The Class A was notable because those girls just pound the tar out of the ball.  After that I went to the annual Holiday Parade where I saw the Linsley's (from Camp) and the Riegel's (from home).

Today (Sunday) I enjoyed a morning at church, some good food at a Fundraiser at Pizza Sam's, and then volleyball at the Y Center.  I really miss competitive sports by being at camp, so I was thankful the Penrod's needed some people for their volleyball team.  It felt good to get out there and crush some volleyballs.

As you can see I'm traveling.  So pictures become scarce and stories become crazy and staggered.  I'm having a good time though.  God is good.  Pray I keep my car in between the ditches and that I use my time home for the Kingdom (not just for me!).

2 comments:

  1. We Potty Trained the Mice. And I must add that the entire door situation is the fault of no other than our beloved Greg Harmon. Though I think you can thank Kyle for the training of the mice. All around, glad to hear you're keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete