Monday, November 7, 2011

Driving Again

It's my big driving season coming up.  A lot happened, so I'll try to get through it here kind of quickly.  On Tuesday I went down to Spring Arbor University to talk to people about Camp Barakel.  After that we had a small gathering at the Parlour in Jackson.  That was followed by Camp's annual business meeting in Okemos.  Kind of a full day, but it was a lot of fun to see all the different summer staff and board members. 

It took us a while to pick out our treats.
I settled on a Peanut Butter cup sundae. 
At camp we've been working on different small projects, including a fair amount of work on roofs.  Mike Baker and I have been chasing leaks around several of the roofs.  We also spent a while on Arrowhead and Snowshoe to clean off the roofs and kill some of the moss.

After the work week I ran down to a Spiritual Warfare Conference in Perry where Tom Harmon was speaking.  I enjoyed seeing lots of friends at this 2 day affair, then I hustled over to Battle Creek where I was able to see several friends that night.  I played drums in the morning at Garrison Hills and made a run for the east side of the state.  There I joined in on a Mexican themed party at the Houston's house.  We played cornhole, night frisbee and a lot of Taboo.  Thanks to Dave and Tim for throwing the thing together, and then letting me stay the night there. 



Construction!
I left Detroit at 6:15am and now I'm blogging at the McDonalds in Mio just before returning to camp to work.  So you can see how I've been driving around a lot.  I'm sure it'll keep increasing as the Holidays come around.  Oh, and without retreats on the weekends we're back down to working 5 day weeks.  So I'll probably be blogging on Sundays now.  Just for your information.

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment