Monday, July 15, 2013

The Heat is On!


Here we are.  Another week of Summer is gone!  And now I'm realizing that the rest of the Summer weekends are planned out.  Crazy.  

This week we had a lot of church events, which was great.  So here are the pictures... a lot of them with kids from the youth group.

Craft Night at the Church.  We had several stations, each with unique crafts that will be given to the kids at the CRAN orphanage when Project Hope sends a group down in August.
My group worked on little hair accessories.  I had a lot of fun crafting!

On Thursday the Youth Group went to a public beach at Gull Lake.

The first event was hitting each other with noodles.

Then there was bocce ball all over the park.

Tim just bought a boat that the kids enjoyed.

Venue change here.  Now we're in South Haven on Sunday.  Catching some sun while staying cool.


Jordan has good form when throwing that football. 
We seem to have a connection with South Haven.  Tim likes it and so does a decent group of us.  Driving an hour is worth the relaxation and fun of the beach.  I discovered that floating along on Tim's boat is super relaxing. 

We had some bad neighbors on the beach, and I was explaining to the Colombians (Tim's newly adopted kids) that when you drink a lot you go crazy and un around like these people were.  All in Spanish of course.  Broken Spanish that is.  So then the police came, so I explained that part of it as well.  If you're too crazy the police will come.

Now it's back to work.  Some weekends I feel I pack a week into 2 days which is great.  But then I get that feeling I'm just getting off a week of vacation on Sunday night.  But that's ok.  I enjoy my work.

Stay cool this week!  It's stinking hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment