Monday, July 8, 2013

Tents and Tents and Camp

Just captions today as I try to catch up before work:
 
Softball is going well.  We're 2-2 and that somehow puts us right in the mix to lead the league.  Apparently everyone is having trouble keeping a winning record.  I'm not a "skill player" so I'm enjoying improving my game everyday.

Got a tent in the mail last week.  Looking forward to using it.  Even more so when my sleeping pad shows up.  Without a pad I wake up with a crooked back for the rest of the day and I'm still tired the whole day.

The fireworks tent is a big fundraising opportunity for my youth group.  Our youth pastor basically lives there and it's fun to go hang out with him and help with the sales and organization.  This year they almost sold out and shut down early.

That week saw Adela visit for her birthday and it was a fun weekend!

Bearskin rug on Thursday morning on the West Side!  I jumped up to camp since we had a 4 day weekend at work.  They needed lifeguards, so I was able to fill a gap while also catching up to my friends and relaxing a bit.

This is the start of the new seasonal staff house.  Looking forward to see it take shape although I also want to work on it!

I offered to guard for the STEP program on Friday night.  Good thing cause they didn't know how to play watermelon football (obviously from this picture).  It turned out to be a lot of fun and I think everyone was involved.

Ben Calhoun catching a disc.  He had some good catches.

And his friend.  Nathan Dufrin maybe?  His catch looked more epic... but he couldn't quite actually catch it.

Guarding for the water ambush.  It was a mess.  But it's neat to see all the campers gathered in one spot before the start.

And finally a funny picture.  Cody Witzgall is in the back of the rowboat.  He was rowing but he couldn't keep a straight line so Hannah Ford had to replace him.  Funny to watch this beastly kid get replaced by a much smaller girl.  And she did great!
That's it!  Gotta run!

No comments:

Post a Comment