Monday, May 7, 2012

This and That

Here is the opening for the new parking lot on East side.  You can see into the softball field.

Several of the new trees near Heritage.
I think I'm caught up on pictures from other weeks now.  Last week at camp included a variety of jobs.  We finished up the new walls on the new equipment shed.  We like to call it the cow pen sometimes because that's about what it looks like.  In fact, whenever people visit us, they generally greet us with a moo.

A new project that popped up worked out really well in the deluge of rain we experienced this week.  Heritage lodge is getting some work done for the sake of its name.  It's beginning to look a bit like the museum in the West Side Chapel, or the Blockhouse.

Ready for Winter?
Me and Mike spent our time working on installing the door of the old Girl's Dorm furnace in the corner of the Great Room.  It was interesting because it's very heavy and comes in several parts.  We think it'll be a fun addition to the lodge.

Pictures are terrible in the Great Rooms.  At least they are with my camera.   You can see the doors are operable.

I don't know which is better.  The flash, or no flash. This one shows the letters better.
With all of our projects we've turned to the outdoors a lot more lately.  And with that has come the need for holes.  Post holes that is.  Split rail fencing, 4x4's for the cow pen, and now some 6x6's for a new porch on Cedar Cabin.  Digging holes is a chore because every couple digs I have to dig out a couple big rocks.  It seems like whenever I get fed up with it, Mike will switch holes with me and then I'll find all the rocks in his hole.  On the 6x6's the holes were easy to dig.  Some rocks, but it went really easily, especially for Mike.

The new porch will be fun to work on.
Now I'm back to Battle Creek for the week.  Looking forward to the usual church events, and then making my way back up to the CoLabor Challenge at camp this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment