Monday, May 21, 2012

Swimmingly

Graham Lake at the beach our Youth Group usually spends a lot of time on in the summer.

Another of Graham Lake.  I've always enjoyed tubing here, or just sitting in the sun on the dock.
It's a busy couple weeks around camp.  We have cleaning assignments during the week, and then we still try to finish up as many projects as we can.  I also sneak off to water the plants periodically.
People think I'm crazy, but I love watering the plants.  Especially with the rainbow spread out on the spray.
Zipline training was last week and I enjoyed working on the tower again.  I'm really comfortable working with the campers and strapping them onto the cables.  It seems like the enthusiasm for the zipline has settled down, so we're not crazy busy the whole time.  We still keep a steady pace going though.
The normal view from the tower.
 So one more week of maintenance before my second summer as a programer on the West Side.  We have plans to work on some more parking lots, cleaning, and cutting down some more trees.  Really seem to be changing the landscape all over.
New dirt is here to terraform this parking lot into a path.
We're almost to summer.  Just one more retreat and the summer staff will arrive in full force.  We'll see if blogging continues as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment