Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reflecting at Home

That's a picture of the soccer field I played on in high school.  After being home for a week I've walked and jogged past it several times.  It's right around the corner from me and the place carries a lot of memories for me, as well as a lot of fun obstacles for me to climb and jump over.  Not only did I play 4 years of soccer there, I also attended the Math and Science Center on the same property.  It's a great place for me to get some fresh air and take a minute away from the business of the holiday season.  

Another place I spend time is Pizza Sam's.  Our Youth Pastor, two of his sons, and my buddy Rob all work there.  On any given night during the holiday season you can find me playing euchre with friends and eating my Hawaiian delight pizza sub.  On this trip I spent more time trying to clean than visiting with people.  Since I haven't been home for more than a week over the last year, my room had become quite messy.  Every time I stop at home things get rearranged a little, but this is the first time I stopped to clean up. 

It was a year ago that I was considering going to camp for seasonal staff.  I was already planning to apply to work at camp when my engineering project at Post Foods was coming to an end and I felt it was the time God had planned for me to jump into ministry.  Since then I'd like to say I've not looked back.  The truth is I didn't for the first several months, but once money started getting a little tighter I'll admit that I've looked back at a career in engineering from time to time.  It was a financial blessing at the time, but I need to remember that God will provide enough for me wherever I am.  

Now I'm all set for most of another year of serving at Camp Barakel.  Please pray that I would remember the line I drew when I left engineering.  Pray that I'd have confidence in His ability to provide for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment