Monday, September 30, 2013

Playing from Behind

It's been a very busy week here.  A busy couple of weeks.  So busy in fact... that I'm struggling to remember where all I've been the last two weeks.  So here are the highlights.
 
The main reason that I was so confused and busy was because of Adela's new job.  She's been working as a nanny in Holland and the job is a bit of a schedule crunch without a car.  So I was trying to help her find something within her price range.  Turns out I found an Oldsmobile Alero (1999).  So after a week of running around looking at cars with my Dad I picked up her new Alero for her. 
 
See... that kept me so busy I forgot about the Tigers game I went to with the Camp Barakel maintenance crew.  It was a good game to go check out as they won a close game with a lot of runs throughout.  Prince Fielder even ate a nacho from the crowd at that game. 
 
I love my camera cause it's small, but still has a big zoom.

Somewhere in there I played some golf with High School friends and it was a blast.  I rarely enjoy much of the golf scene (usually I think it's a fun idea til they ask for money), but it was definitely worth some cash to hang out with these guys.  To add to that mess I ended up helping move a piano with one of those guys on Monday.  Which made Adela sad cause it pushed back me getting her car to her.
 
It worked out that she could wiggle her schedule around enough for me to pick her up, bring her back to Battle Creek and then send her off with it.  This gave me a good opportunity to test the car out and make sure it would behave for her.  Found some issues along the way, brought it in to the shop and got it mostly fixed up for her.  It'll need some more work but so far it is lining up as a good deal. 
 
Ok.  So next thing I can put together is the Harvest Party.  If you're not familiar it's a family that has supported Camp for generations that lives on a Sesquicentennial farm in St Johns and they host a giant party on their property.  It's a yearly event that I've never been able to come to cause I was at camp working every year.  Well I wanted to make sure I came to this, the very last one.  

 
Here are pictures of the swing that all the kids like:
 




There is so much going on at the party that I don't even know what all happened.  I saw people, then didn't see them for the rest of the time.  It was followed up with a stop at the Wheel Inn in St John's that included Titus Brown, which I hadn't seen in... well in a long time. 

On Sunday afternoon I jumped into the volleyball league at the Y Center and joined a random team.  I'd played with one  of the guys one other time and they took me on.  It's weird to be there and not play with the Penrod's but I kinda know a lot of people there now and feel comfortable all over the place. 

Sorry if you're a close follower and you wanted another week.  Sometimes I'm happy I am posting anything anymore cause life just goes so fast.  If anybody has more questions or comments please let me know!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment