Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Xtreme Weekend

In an effort to get to bed before 10:30pm I'm just going to comment on some pictures for the weekend.  We'll see how long that lasts before I end up writing a book.

 
So this is me at my "Xtreme Obstacle Course" on Saturday morning.  I've always wanted to run a race like this because it would engage my brain more than just plodding through a 5k.  There was a variety of interesting and fun obstacles that made me feel like an American Gladiator. 
 
 
My time was a 25:54 which I feel comfortable with because of the obstacles.  I think I could have gone even faster if I knew how to warm up my lungs properly before these type of races.  Well I ended up in 4th place overall, and 1st in my age group (a couple competitive runners beat me and a lady with a sweet time).  Oh, and there are summary videos online that I'll probably try to link on my Facebook wall (or timeline, or whatever they want me to call it now).

I have no pictures of the wedding I went to because I'm foolish.  It's not like I'm going to go dance or whatever, so I should have just snagged the camera.  But that's ok.  Sometimes you just have to enjoy the moments.  And that's what I did.  My highlight was catching up with some of the camp guys that I hadn't seen for a while.

The wedding was followed by staying the night with the Calhoun's.  Emily let me invite myself, Hannah and Adela over to catch up for a minute before leaving for home Sunday morning.


This is South Haven.  Possibly for the last time this year?  Probably not.  Or not the last of Lake Michigan at least.  In this picture we have 3 great reasons to adopt!


I always like the sunsets (just one more reason West is best).  This night was interesting because the sun seemed to be obscured by a light haze.  Made the pictures turn out in a much darker hue than I'm used to.


This is the last picture I took on the way off the beach.  Hopefully I'll get the rest of the nice pictures onto Facebook soon.


This was the last Youth Group trip of the year.  I had the privilege of driving the Cleland girls to and from the beach.  Caleb is shown here after he basically challenged us to try and bury him while he was standing up.  We did our best and he did his part while we shoved sand over at him for a half hour. 

So that's it I guess.  Adoption seems to be the theme.  On a random trip to the beach we had a little over 20 people there and yet 8 of them were adopted.  The truth is that we all have the opportunity to be adopted into God's family.  And the trick isn't to act like the good kid or to suck up to God, but to just admit that we struggle and offer ourselves to the only one that can help.

I'm happy to call myself adopted right with the rest of the group!

No comments:

Post a Comment