Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life as I know it

Driving.  The driving never seems to stop.  Well this weekend I was at it again.  And doubly so.  But first, more about the preceding week. 

My sports are pretty much finished for the Summer.  I might find some others to work on, but for now my nights are free and I'm loving it.  More time to ride bikes and get stuff done in my messy portions of the house.  Not that anything is getting done, but there is still time for that.

All my bike rides lately lead right to the Riegel's.  Last week was Brenton's last week of school, so I jumped in the festivities.

The kids each made a sweet poster.  Ella included new house rules.
During all of this they've been expecting their newest addition, Violet.  She came along and now I've been able to visit with her a couple times since then.  It's a busy house with all of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in there.  Even today I was there and we took 4 laps around the neighborhood on the bikes. 

Then all the driving came from a weekend at camp.  I arrived with Adela and Hannah just in time to spend some time with the counselors before everyone went to sleep.  Saturday was the driving day.

This is my bus!  Most of the campers were in the rest stop at this point.
We rolled out with the buses at 12:30pm and after 3 rest stops, 2 drop offs, and 392 miles we made it back at about 10:30pm.   One of the scares for HIS Week campers is that we might have some bathroom emergencies, but the Bus Attendants were on top of things and the only emergency we had resulted in a quick stop at Dairy Queen with one camper getting off and on quickly.

One of the Engineers was juggling and riding his unicycle to the delight of the watching campers.

My old camper Jasen!  Ethan did a great job helping him out at the stops.
 
Last sighting of the buses in the wild for this season.
I'm thankful for the opportunity to help camp out on occasions.  I felt like this Summer was going to get up there and back, but I made it for most of a week around the 4th of July and then again this Sunday.  I now have an ambitious plan to join in the work (and some of the play) over 3-4 times this Fall. 

On the way home we stopped to visit Adela's family.  We jumped in the pool and then had some burger tacos.  That rounded out a busy, fun filled weekend.

And that's how it'll be for me for a while here.  More driving and driving and driving.  But that's ok.  I like staying busy and this will keep me that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment