Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What's Up North?

I understand many people like reading these just to see what's going on up here at Camp Barakel.  I give a good summary of what's changing and being constructed around camp.  Well there will be none of that in this post.  But I'm here to tell you that it will be happening soon.  Next week hopefully.

So I've only been back up for a week, and most of that has been moving in and then running around on the zipline all weekend.  So now we have a funky week.  Because of Family Camp stretching into Monday, we get Tuesday (today) off, and then we have a shortened week before the Grandparents Camp this coming week.

On Monday afternoon the Seasonal Staff (Angelee Webster, Brad Smith, and myself) joined the Baker's and a couple Ford kids at the waterfront.  It was a gorgeous day out, but the water was frigid.  Once we settled in with the skip disc, and the frisbee it started to feel warm.  I feel like it's important to enjoy the nice days while we can, before Winter blows in.

So I don't feel like I said much of anything here.  I'm happy to be at camp for what is probably my final season for now at least.  Dunno exactly what God will bring in the new year.  I'm living in the now though, and this is my announcement that I'll be updating this regularly for the Fall now.

And if that's not good enough... here are some pictures from the waterfront.

Pretty much the whole crew.

Epic water mat battles.

Emma offered me some goldfish.  That skip disc is one of the coolest things ever.

Matthew was cheesing it up for the camera.  Good campshot.

Classic king of the raft moment....

It's hard to stay on with Matthew pushing them around.
That's it.  Peace out til next week.  Happy to have the opportunity to be "where God has blessed" for another season.

No comments:

Post a Comment