Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Another Fall is Here

The Fall is Here

It's really Fall now.  It was so cold that Titus Brown came through the trailer and closed several of my windows on Sunday.  I usually just leave them open and cover up with blankets.  He says I look like a babooshka wrapped up in my blanket in my chair.  I think things will warm up again shortly.  Funny to think that on the 1st it was 90 degrees and I was at a Tigers game.

This weekend we had a Family Camp.  It's interesting to watch the different families that come up here year after year.  I've been able to spend time with the some of the kids at all 4 of the family camps.  One of them is named Cody actually.  I was able to talk to him this weekend, and he spent a lot of time on the blob while I was lifeguarding.  I also spent some time on the Zipline and several trips through the dish room.  

The weather was the peculiar aspect of the weekend to me.  I think that we bounced from high 80's to low 60's as the weekend rolled on.  The crisp air makes me want to run out and play some football.  Instead, I'll probably spend the day unpacking my things, and really moving into the trailer.  So far I have my stuff in the building, but I need to get it all unloaded and put right where I want it. 

As for the maintenance department, we have a busy Fall planned out.  So far there has been a lot of getting ready for Fall camps.  That means tidying up the buildings and preparing the grounds for visitors.  For me that meant moving the Handcrafts tables from the East Side to the RV Park and cleaning up the cookout and campout sites in the national forest.  The big project for the maintenance group has been a giant stairway for the Crosscut parking lot.  I've been able to help on it here and there, but not very much.  I'll be able to work on the finishing touches this week. 


Please pray for the work that is coming this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment