Monday, February 28, 2011

Bunk Beds and Coloring

This week was our last big retreat of the Winter.  We had a combined retreat, with both sides of the lake meeting on the East Side.  This was the first weekend that I made it to most of every chapel.  Our speaker was Kempton Turner and he emphasized the fact that for all our struggling and fighting we can't fill the hole that God has put in our hearts.  It's bottomless and we need the bottomless savior, Jesus Christ.  We spent time moving snow to the tubing hill again, then we had consistent snowfall the rest of the weekend.  Now we just have one more weekend with some college/career campers and a smaller teen retreat. 

Crosscut has been getting a lot closer to completion, and we're still hoping to finish it before the summer.  It's really in God's hands right now as there are a lot of different things to get done, and we tend to get distracted by other, more pressing projects around camp.  One of the huge tasks is making 48 bunk beds for the sleeping units.  I went with the maintenance guys to help sand some of the materials with an industrial sander.  I have a video posted below.  My last one didn't work for everyone, but I'm trying again anyways.  Note the amount of material, and that we put each piece through the sander at least 4 times. 
Today I've spent some time with Samuel Ford and Titus Brown.  We were coloring a little, and then playing some Star Wars games for Playstation 1 and Super Nintendo.  They are a little more difficult than the Lego Star Wars that Sammy is used to at home.  Here are some pictures, including a scandalous piece that Titus completed from my "King David" coloring book.
Thanks for the following.  If you'd like to pray for me, pray for my health.  It's the sick season it seems like, and I've been trying to hold of a cold for weeks it seems like.  I'm really looking forward to running in the grass, and kicking the soccer ball around.

No comments:

Post a Comment