Sunday, January 1, 2012

Now for Another Year

This week was mostly unproductive with some spikes in the action over the weekend.  So how about we focus on the action?  Thursday I played volleyball and had a blast.  I'm always talking about how little running or sports I get in on at camp in the Fall so volleyball was good.  Then Friday I spent most of the day working on my car with the Youth Pastor at my church, Tim Wygant.  My car has a lot of humming and we figured it was a wheel bearing.  So we started looking into it on that raining Friday.

Tim working on the lug nuts.
Well we figured out quickly that the brakes were about as low as they could possibly get without making any screeching or grinding.  So we grabbed brakes and a wheel bearing down at good old Autozone.  That's when the next problem occurred.  We couldn't get the hub nut off to get down to the wheel bearing.  We had a good socket but even with a huge pipe we couldn't get it to budge.  When the axle started to look like it was getting stressed we gave up for the day. 

You can see the hub nut.  I have some ideas for how to attack it next time.
Now I'm just hoping (and praying) that everything holds together as I get ready to attempt another shot at it here at camp.  If needed I can just take in to the Fairview Garage to have Cliff take a look at the whole deal. 

After getting the car back together I rolled out for a Saturday Ultimate Frisbee tournament in Grand Rapids.  I knew a fair amount of people there and enjoyed seeing old friends while staying active.  My team finished second, but more importantly it was a pretty chill day.  After that I drove over to Rochester to celebrate the New Year before heading up to camp this afternoon. 

The first thing I got when I arrived was a package (and some nice Christmas cards from some of the staff).  So I figured the package was a shirt I purchased for my dad.  It ran late and didn't make Christmas, but I wasn't too worried about that.  He still would get it.  When I opened it to see exactly what I had purchased, this is what I found:

A medium petite dress valued at $64.
So yeah.  Probably not a great gift for dad.  I checked the slip and it has my real order with the proper price.  Now I just need to figure out how to return this lovely dress sometime.

Now it's 2012.  I'll be here at Camp Barakel for the rest of the year (Lord willing) and I'm hoping God will open hearts as we present the Gospel through 4 more seasons of camping.

Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment