Sunday, December 18, 2011

So it's almost Christmas

With Christmas approaching this was my last week at camp for the year.  We had a lot of work to do, hoping to get the freezer and cooler running in the East Side Dining Hall.  As we finished the glassboard on the walls we had to start up on the doorways.  Unfortunately when we removed the doors the metal got a little beat up.  So Mike and I had to figure out how to bend up some metal casing for the freezer door.
The freezer door with newly bent metal.

Mike doing what he does with that Skillsaw.
Well we finished Thursday afternoon and all the freezer and cooler were working well.  We spent Friday morning cleaning up all the tools and equipment.  Dan Haines shampooed Room H, hopefully cleaning out the smell enough that we can use it.

Outside of work I finished up my present wrapping and it went a lot better as I kept working on it.  It was nice to put some presents under the tree Titus dropped off in the trailer.

Presents stacked up beneath the tree.  Most of them are given out already.
I left Friday afternoon for a trip through the Capital building in Lansing.  I'd never considered checking it out, but it was a lot of fun to see.  So several camp Barakel folks met up there for a tour and a bit of a party afterwards.  That was followed by some Saturday ice skating and the 2011 Barakel Bash.  

The Bash is a great opportunity to catch up with the Summer Staff from over the years.  I enjoyed some basketball and singing.  Not to mention running around with Rob for a while.  Now it's time to take a week off and chill out at home.  Without any snow on the ground I might even play some disc golf.  

The view passing the trailer.
Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment